Blood supplies our body with oxygen and nutrients, 24 hours a day, for a lifetime. Over the course of the years, deposits on or damage to the blood vessel walls may occur, with fatal consequences such as strokes, heart attacks, or major circulatory disorders. To ensure it does not come to that, the MRT Akademie offers a number of state-of-the-art check-ups.
Who should have a check-up?
Vascular diseases are very widespread.
The following groups are particularly at risk:
- Smokers that are already being treated for angina pectoris
- Men from the age of 40
- Women after the menopause, at the latest from the age of 50
- Younger women, who take birth control pills and smoke
- People with high blood pressure
- Diabetics (diabetes mellitus)
- Patients with elevated cholesterol levels
Many serious diseases such as strokes, heart attacks and aneurysms are connected to a disruption in blood flow. To detect these, the MRT Akademie offers numerous state-of-the-art check-ups.